1. Park BJ, Wannemuehler KA, Marston BJ, Govender N, Pappas PG, Chiller TM. Estimation of the current global burden of cryptococcal meningitis among persons living with HIV/AIDS. AIDS. 2009; 23(4):525-30.
2. Saha D, Xess I, Biswas A, Bhowmik DM, Padma MV. Detection of Cryptococcus by conventional, serological and molecular
methods. J Med Microbiol. 2009; 58(Pt 8):1098-105.
3. Levitz SM. The ecology of Cryptococcus neoformans and the epidemiology of cryptococcosis. Rev Infect Dis. 1991; 13(6):1163-9.
4. Perfect JR, Dismukes WE, Dromer F, Goldman DL, Graybill JR, Hamill JR, et al. Clinical practice guidelines for the management of cryptococcal disease: update by the infectious diseases society of America. Clin Infect Dis. 2010; 50(3):291-322.
5. Severo CB, Gazzoni AF, Severo LC. Pulmonary cryptococcosis. J Bras Pneumol. 2009; 35(11):3713-44.
6. Rajasingham R, Wake RM, Beyene T, Katende A, Letang E, Boulware DR. Cryptococcal meningitis diagnostics and screening in the era of point-of-care laboratory testing. J Clin Microbiol. 2019; 57(1):e01238.
7. World Health Organization. Rapid advice: diagnosis, prevention and management of cryptococcal disease in HIV-infected adults, adolescents and children: December 2011. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2011.
8. French N, Gray K, Watera C, Nakiyingi J, Lugada E, Moore M, et al. Cryptococcal infection in a cohort of HIV-1-infected Ugandan adults. AIDS. 2002; 16(7):1031-8.
9. Salami AK, Ogunmodede JA, Fowotade A, Nwabuisi C, Wahab KW, Desalu OO, et al. Cryptococcal meningitis in a newly diagnosed AIDS patient: a case report. West Afr J Med. 2009; 28(5):343-5.
10. Abdulkarim AA, Katibi OS, Mohammed SS, Ekundayo HA, Fadeyi A, Alarape AJ. Cryptococcal meningitis: a rare opportunistic infection in an HIV infected Nigerian boy: a case report. Trop J Health Sci. 2012; 19(2):37-9.
11. UNAIDS. HIV/AIDS in Nigeria; pushing for the last mile. Nigeria HIV/AIDS indicator and impact survey report. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2019.
12. Tanner DC, Weinstein MP, Fedorciw B, Joho KL, Thorpe JJ, Reller L. Comparison of commercial kits for detection of cryptococcal antigen. J Clin Microbiol. 1994; 32(7):1680-4.
13. Dzoyem JP, Kechia FA, Ngaba GP, Lunga PK, Lohoue PJ. Prevalence of cryptococcosis among HIV-infected patients in Yaounde, Cameroon. Afr Health Sci. 2012; 12(2):129-33.
14. Beyene T, Woldeamanuel Y, Asrat D, Ayana G, Boulware DR. Comparison of cryptococcal antigenemia between antiretroviral naive and antiretroviral experienced HIV positive patients at two hospitals in Ethiopia. PLoS One. 2013; 8(10):e75585.
15. Chukwuanukwu R, Manafa P, Iloghalu E, Onyenekwe C, Ifeanyichukwu M, Mbamalu C. Cryptococcus neoformans antigenemia in HIV positive pregnant women attending PMTCT clinic in South Eastern Nigeria. J Biol Agric Healthcare. 2013; l3(18):15-21.
16. Abubakar AO, Maikai BV, Musa BO, Olayinka AT. Public health implications of cryptococcal infection among HIV patients on antiretroviral therapy in hospital in Shika, Nigeria. Online J Public Health Inform. 2014; 6:61-3.
17. Joseph G, Ogbaini–Emovon E, Okwara BU, Onunu A, Kubeyinje E. Prevalence of disseminated cryptococcosis among human immunodeficiency virus infected patients in Benin city, Nigeria. Br J Med Med Res. 2015; 6(7):715–22.
18. Osazuwa OF, Dirisu O, Okunghae E. Cryptococcal antigenemia in anti–retroviral Naïve AIDS patients: prevalence and its association with CD4 cell count. Acta Med Iran. 2012; 50(5):344-7.
19. Ogba OM, Abia-Bassey L. Cryptococcal antigenemia among HIV seropositive patients accessing care in antiretroviral therapy (ART) clinics in Calabar, South Southern Nigeria. J Microbiol Infect. 2015; 1:2.
20. Gomerep SS, Idoko JA, Ladep NG, Ugoya SO, Obaseki D, Agbaji OA, et al. Frequency of cryptococcal meningitis in HIV-1 infected patients in North Central Nigeria. Niger J Med. 2010; 19(4):395-9.
21. Mamoojee Y, Shakoor S, Gorton RL, Sarfo S, Appiah L T, Norman B, et al. Low seroprevalence of cryptococcal antigenaemia in patients with advanced HIV infection enrolling in an antiretroviral programme in Ghana. Trop Med Int Health. 2011; 16(1):53-6.
22. World Health Organization. Guidelines on the diagnosis, prevention and management of cryptococcal disease in HIV-infected adults, adolescents and children: supplement to the 2016 consolidated guidelines on the use of antiretroviral drugs for treating and preventing HIV infection. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2018.
23. Mahmoudi LB, Platt JL, Graham JP. The integration of water, sanitation and hygiene services into the US President's Emergency Plan for AIDS relief: a qualitative study. Global
Public Health. 2015; 10(1):1-4.
24. Shah HS, Patel DA, Vegad MM. Evaluation of conventional and serological methods for rapid diagnosis of cryptococcal meningitis in HIV seropositive patients at tertiary care hospital. Natl J Community Med. 2011; 2(3):354-7.