Authorship should be based only on substantial contributions to each of the three components mentioned below:
- Concept and design of study or acquisition of data or analysis and interpretation of data;
- Drafting the manuscript or revising it critically for important intellectual content; and
- Final approval of the version to be published.
Participation solely in the acquisition of funding or the collection of data does not justify authorship. General supervision of the research group is not sufficient for authorship. Each contributor should have participated sufficiently in the work to take public responsibility for appropriate portions of the content of the manuscript. The order of naming the contributors should be based on the relative contribution of the contributor towards the study and writing the manuscript.
- This optional part should include a statement thanking those who assisted substantially with work relevant to the study.
- Detailed information regarding all financial and material support for the research and work not limited to grant support, funding sources, and provision of equipment and supplies.
- We ask authors to make these statements, specifying the ways in which the authors contributed to the paper.
- Please capitalize the first letter of the first name and last name next to the appropriate category.
- Example: A.M. contributed to the analysis and interpretation of data
Conflict of Interests
- All authors submitting articles to the journal must disclose any conflict of interest they may have with an institution or product that is mentioned in the manuscript and/or is important to the outcome of the study presented.
- Authors should also disclose conflicts of interest with products that compete with those mentioned in their manuscript.
- The Editor will discuss with the authors on an individual basis the method by which any conflicts of interest will be communicated to the readers.
- Financial disclosure should apply to all manuscript submissions. Authors are expected to provide detailed information about any relevant financial interests or financial conflicts within the past 5 years and for the foreseeable future.
- Authors who have no relevant financial interests are asked to provide a statement indicating that they have no financial interests related to the material in the manuscript.
Alteration to authorship
- Any change in authors after initial submission must be approved by all authors.
- This applies to additions, deletions, a change of order to the authors’ names, or a change to the attribution of contributions. Any alterations must be explained to the Editor.
- The Editor may contact any of the authors and/or contributors to ascertain whether they have agreed to any alteration.
- If any duplication, fabrication, plagiarism, and other misconduct is identified, COPE guidelines will be followed.
- All changes in authorships should be done according to COPE principles.